Look at all this goodness on a plate!
I don't consider myself much of a salad person but I do tend to eat one at least 3 to 5 times a week. Usually just a plain jane Spinach salad no dressing with just a little s&p. Now that I think about it I guess thats really not salad per say maybe just raw Spinach in a bowl. OH Yum! (pure sarcasm ;) I do love my spinach but sometimes different is a good thing. I haven't saved many salad recipes but the same day I found this one, we had it for dinner. Let me tell you even my meat eating, carb crazy husband ate this for dinner and didn't complain. That is a miracle in it's own, to him salads are a pre-dinner affair. If it made him happy I say it's a keeper!
one year ago: Egg & Bacon Toast Cups
Roasted BLT Salad
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 baguette, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 head romaine lettuce, quartered lengthwise
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Italian Herb seasoning, to taste
- *Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large skillet cook bacon over medium high heat until crispy. Drain on a paper towel. Break into large pieces; set aside.
- Meanwhile, line a large baking pan with foil. Add tomatoes; toss with 2 teaspoons olive oil and season lightly with salt. Bake uncovered for 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer tomatoes and their juices to a medium bowl. Place bread cubes and romaine quarters on the baking pan. Drizzle romaine with with 2 teaspoon and toss gently to coat. Return pan to oven; bake 5 to 7 minutes or until bread is golden and romaine is browned at edges.
- Add bread to the medium bowl with the tomatoes. Toss gently to combine. Let stand 5 minutes to allow bread to absorb some of the juices. Transfer all to a serving platter. Drizzle with remaining 2 teaspoon olive oil. Season with salt & pepper and Italian herb seasoning to taste.
Slightly Adapted from: bhg January 2013