I have a little confession to make... I have made this pizza about a dozen times since I first found it a little over 6 months ago. It has been our new go to recipe since the first bite. By swapping some of the olive oil for butter in the crust the texture even resembles a slight crunchy bread. HEAVEN! Add in garlic & Parmesan cheese you get one happy family.
Garlic Bread Pizza Crust
- 2 1/4 teaspoon yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup & 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 cup bread flour
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 2 Tablespoons & 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese, grated & divided
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley, minced
- *In the bowl of stand mixer, add yeast, water, and sugar. Let bloom for about 5 minutes. Melt 1 Tablespoon of butter and add in with, 1 Tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese, and salt. Turn mixer on medium, slowly add in flour about 1 cup at a time. Once fully combined let knead for 2 minutes. Transfer to a oiled bowl and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out dough and transfer to a lightly greased pizza pan. Melt 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), add to it 3 cloves garlic, 1/4 teaspoon parsley, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and 2 Tablespoons of fresh Parmesan cheese. Mix well and set aside. Top pizza dough with desired sauce, cheese, and/or toppings, leaving about 1 inch around the edge. Using a pastry brush or spoon, thoroughly coat the outside of the dough with butter/garlic, using about 3/4 of the butter/garlic. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust and/or cheese is lightly brown. When done baking, coat outside edge with remaining butter/garlic (reheat butter if needed)using it all up. Lightly sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese if desired. Let rest 2-3 minutes then cut and serve.
Makes a 16 inch pizza