Over Thanksgiving break we ran out of peanut butter..... How I let this happen, I don't know.. I guess I was a little preoccupied with Turkey Day cooking to make sure we had our everyday staples.
Peanut butter is consumed on a daily basis in our house, usually by my boys, David and Monkey. As much as they love peanuts we are even more in love with pecans. With it being November I had a surplus of pecan on hand so this little baby was born. They ate through the whole jar in 2 days! 2 days!! Now they are pleading for me to make some more for them, regular ol' peanut butter will never be the same.
I choose to leave ours a little chunky, if you want yours smoother just let in go a little longer in the food processor.
one year ago: Holiday Rolls
- 10 oz. pecans, chopped (2 1/2 cups)
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup powder sugar
- big pinch salt
- *In a large skillet over medium heat toast pecans until fragrant about 3 to 5 minutes. In a food processor add all ingredients and blend until desired constancy is reached, (mine took about 10 to 12 minutes.)
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Transfer to a jar, besure to store it in refridgerator.
Makes a little less than 2 cups
Source: Forkful of Comfort