A few months back we order Pizza Hut and we picked up these little garlic toast pizzas. Simply garlic buttered toast topped with sauce, cheese and toppings. After one bite of these little jewels I was wondering where have they been my whole life??
Now we eat soooo many types of pizza around our house like french bread pizzas, waffle pizzas, and even pizza grilled cheese. But never pizza on top of my garlic toast! How come I didn't think of this? Well now they stopped carrying them around here so I have no choice but to make them at home. They take no time to make and I always keep extra garlic toast on hand to make these little guys.
Garlic Toast Pizza
- 8 slices garlic toast or garlic bread (we love Texas Toast)
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce, plus more for dipping
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, or as desired
- pepperoni, sausage, etc. as desired
- basil or Italian seasoning, to taste
- *Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place toast on sheet pan and bake for 5 to 7 minutes (or as directed) until lightly toasted and firm in the middle.
- Top toast/bread with about 1/2 Tablespoon of pizza sauce and large pinch of cheese. Add additional toppings as desired, season with basil or Italian seasoning to taste. Place in broiler until cheese melts and starts to turn brown, about 3 - 5 minutes. Serve with more sauce to dip.
Inspired by Pizza Hut