Happy Birthday to me!! Yeap, that's right... I'm 28, again! :) Soooo to celebrate I wanted to share with you guys a few of my favorite things before I start with Christmas cookies, fudge and such. Be sure to stay tune for tomorrows post of one my fav dinners! Yum! I can't wait!! Okay now on the these muffins....
My hubby and me are CRAZY about white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. Your wondering why I didn't make cookies, right? Well cause I am not a super big sweets girl. Shocked? I am the total wings and beer kind of girl, I can't be bribed with chocolate. Nope, its true I promise.
We wanted something that could kinda count as a breakfasty/dessert thing. At least in David's eyes that is. :) These muffins have been made so many times in the last 4 or 5 years I can't even count. Super super easy and tasty. They make my hubby smile so bonus points for me!
The batter is a little thick so don't get scared just shake the pan a little to even them out and be sure to not over bake them. Makes 12 muffins which really helps us with portion control. You can also freeze these if need too. Enjoy!!
one year ago: Eggnog Pancakes
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Muffins
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- *Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl combine milk, butter, and egg. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until moistened. DON'T OVER MIX! Gently fold in white chocolate and nuts. Grease or line with paper cups in a regular size muffin tin. Fill about 2/3 fill.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool for about 5 minutes before removing from pan to cool on wire rack.
- *To make glaze- in microwave safe bowl melt 1/2 cup white chocolate chips with 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream. Microwave in 20 second intervals stirring between each interval until smooth. Drizzle over muffins. Serve warm
Makes 12 muffins
Adapted from: Taste of Home mag feb/march 2006