Ooooo. You just had to know I was going to give you more egg roll recipes, right?
These are so good! It's such a change from the regular leftover meal. We have eaten these for the last two years now. It's great to dip them in gravy or a cranberry dipping sauce. We look forward to these as much as the turkey sandwiches. :)
If you need an egg roll wrapping tutorial check out our Breakfast Egg Rolls for step by step pics.
Turkey Stuffing & Mashed Potato Egg Rolls
- 1 1/2 cups leftover turkey, shredded or diced
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup leftover stuffing
- 1egg, lightly beaten
- 10 - 12 egg rolls wrappers
- 1/2-3/4 cup leftover gravy
- 1 cup leftover cranberry sauce (I used plain can stuff)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (opt)
- 1/2 Tablespoon orange juice (opt)
- *In a medium skillet heat enough oil to cover two inches of the bottom over medium high heat to 375 degrees F. OR Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine leftover turkey, leftover mashed potatoes, leftover stuffing and set aside. In a small dish beat egg, set aside.
- Take one egg roll wrapper and lay out like a diamond with a point facing you. Take two tablespoons of filling and lay it across the middle. Take bottom point and gently pull it up over filling tucking it in slightly. Take one side and fold it over like an envelope, repeat with out side. With your finger or a brush take a bit of beaten egg and brush the top point. Gently roll the egg roll up to the top, sealing it with egg wash corner. Set aside and repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Brown egg rolls in oil seam side down first. When golden all over, drain on paper towels. OR Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until golden, turning once. Serve with gravy and/or cranberry dipping sauce (recipe follows).
- *To make cranberry dipping sauce - in a medium sauce pan add cranberries, orange zest, and orange juice (if you like orange with your cranberries). Bring to a slight simmer over low heat allow to simmer about 5 minutes and then remove from heat and allow to cool. Blend until smooth if desired.
Makes 10 - 12 egg rolls
Slightly Adapted from: food network