I'm a big snacker. I'll grab turkey pepperonis, celery with ranch, or a handful of pretzel chip and some salsa. But my ultimate favorite is popcorn with wing sauce...... Yes, I know I have a small obsession with hot sauce and butter. But this is really good, one of my favorite things.
When pouring the sauce over it do it super slow and shake popcorn really good or you will get soggy popcorn. If it gets to wet for you, pop it in the oven @ 350 for about 5 minutes and then let rest for a few minutes and it will crisp up a bit.
Buffalo Ranch Popcorn
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce, or to taste
- 1 -1 1/2 Tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix
- large pinch salt
- *In a large skillet with a lid (we like our dutch oven for this), heat the oil and 2 Tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add 2 kernels of the corn and cover the skillet. When one of the kernels pops, add the remaining popcorn to the pan. Cover and shake until the popping stops, then transfer the popcorn to a large bowl. Discard any uncooked kernels.
- Season with salt and slowly drizzle buffalo sauce over popcorn and tossing to coat evenly until desired heat and texture is reached. Then sprinkle dry ranch dressing mix, toss to coat. Yum!
slightly adapted from: Taste of Home