Got zucchini you need to use up? This soup is great, full of veggies and flavor. It's been a family staple when the air turns chilly.
Italian Sausage & Tortellini Soup
- 19 oz. sweet italian sausage, castings removed
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 52 oz. chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 20 oz. refrigerated 3 cheese tortellini
- salt & pepper
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- *In a large Dutch oven, combine sausage, carrots, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook over medium heat until sausage is browned and crumbles. Drain well.
- Stir in chicken stock, water, and tomato sauce; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 mins. Add zucchini and rosemary; simmer 20 minutes. Add tortellini; simmer 5 minutes, or until tender. Serve immediately. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Slightly Adapted from: Paula Deen Quick & Easy Meals Mag 2008