With football season in full swing we are camped out on the couch watching endless games... From college to pro and don't forget the Nascar chase and the Texas Rangers are still going on too.
Our Sundays are always packed with great food! This dip is one of my favorites next to anything buffalo flavor that is. I love baking it in sourdough bread and eating them on sea salt & olive oil Flatbread Crisps crackers. The flavors are wonderful together. It's a great dip to cheer on the New Orleans Saints and the Dallas Cowboys!
Hot Bacon Cheddar Jack Dip
- 10 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 - 3 dashes hot sauce
- 6 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 oz. monterey jack, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread, unsliced
- *Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice the top to make a lid cutting the top quarter off. Hallow out bread leaving about an half inch.
- In a mixing bowl combine bacon, cream cheese, hot sauce, cheddar, monterey jack, garlic and minced onion.
- Fill bread bowl with bacon/cheese mixture top with lid. Place on a sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes or until melted. Serve with left over bread and/or your favorite crackers.
Slightly Adapted from: Buns in my oven