So we are already in the lunch bag rut around here. Our daughter gets so tired of sandwiches. But when I made this last week she perked right up and said I could give her a sandwich of this all week. Lol, just don't tell her it has veggies in it.
It's full of flavor with cilantro and artichoke hearts. Try it with tuna too for a change in pace, or even mound on top of cooked portobello mushroom as a lunch for you. That's my favorite way to eat it.
Artichoke Chicken Salad
- 12 oz. canned chicken, drained (or tuna)
- 1/2 - 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 canned artichoke hearts, drained, squeezed, & chopped
- 2 green onion (white & green parts), chopped (opt)
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, fresh & chopped
- 1 - 1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 6 dashes hot sauce, or to taste
- salt & pepper, to taste
- *In a medium bowl combine all ingredients and mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
Makes about 2 cups
Slightly adapted from: Take this Dish and Twist It