One can NEVER have to many pancake recipes especially as great as this one..... Are you ready for this? Cookie dough chunks in the batter, topped with a cookie dough glaze. This was an instant hit for us on our last breakfast for dinner night. Made a great sweet ending. Who doesn't love cookie dough?
Cookie Dough Pancakes
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp & more for greasing
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 & 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1/8 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon & pinch salt, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup powder sugar
- *To make cookie dough chunks - In a mixing bowl cream together 2 Tablespoons of room temperature butter and 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in a 1/2 cup of flour, a 1/3 cup of sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract until well mixed and smooth. Stir in an 1/8 cup of mini chocolate chips.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the mixture has firmed up, about 1 hour.
- When cookie dough is firm, ball up dough into pieces about the size of a grape. Set aside.
- *To make pancakes - In a large mixing bowl combine 1 cup flour, 2 Tablespoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk together 1 egg, 2 Tablespoons melted butter, buttermilk. Add flour mixture, cookie dough chunks and whisk just until lumps are gone. Don't over beat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and lightly grease with butter. Pour a 1/4 cup full of batter onto skillet, and cook until bubbles appear. Flip and cook until golden on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- *To make cookie dough glaze - Whisk together 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk, 1/4 cup milk, 3/4 cup powder sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Drizzle over hot pancakes.
Makes 8 pancakes
Adapted from: Annies Eats, Allrecipes, & Savvy Eats