One of my favorite things to order for take out is a great big bowl of chicken fried rice. It is something I crave a lot besides pizza and wings. A few years ago I found this great recipe and since then I haven't ordered chicken fried rice again. It's exactly the way the whole family likes it! :) YUM!
Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken, cooked & shredded or cubed
- 3 cups white rice, cooked
- 3 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup frozen peas & carrots, (thawed)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- *On medium high heat, heat sesame oil in a wok or large skillet. Add thawed peas & carrots, onion, and garlic. Stir fry until tender and onions are soft.
- Lower the heat to medium low and push mixture to one side, pour eggs on the other side and stir fry until scrambled.
- Add rice, chicken, and soy sauce. Blend all together and stir until heated through out.
Feeds 5 to 6
Slightly adapted from: Life as a Lofthouse