We love these little fritters. I came up with the idea for these as a way to combine my hubby's favorite things, bbq sauce, sharp cheddar, pretzels and chicken. We love to serve them up as dinner or a bite size snacks during the game. They are super versatile and easy to fix especially if you use rotisserie chicken like I do.
Bbq Chicken Pretzel Fritters
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cup pretzels, crushed (which equals 1 cup once crushed)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup onion or green onions, chopped
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup bbq sauce, plus more for dipping
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 lb. chicken, precooked & shredded (I use a rotisserie chicken)
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- oil, for frying
- *In a large frying pan or cast iron skillet preheat about 2 inches of oil over medium high heat about 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine flour, crushed pretzels and baking soda. In another mixing bowl combine onion, eggs, 1 cup bbq sauce, butter, chicken and cheddar cheese. Add wet ingredients to dry, mix until just combine.
- When oil is hot spoon out rounded tablespoons, flatten slightly in middle. Fry a few at a time for a couple of minutes or until lightly brown, flip and brown on other side. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining fritters.
- Serve hot and with bbq sauce or ranch dressing.
Makes about 45 fritters
Source: Forkful of Comfort
Linked to: Mr. Food