Another egg roll recipe for you. Yes I know I'm crazy! I am in love of the idea of stuffing everything into an egg roll wrapper and this one is no different! The credit for this one goes to my hubby David. Over dinner last year he came up with about 10 different kinds and one of them being this one. They are great hearty and a meal in themselves.
If you need a how to on rolling egg rolls take a look at these Breakfast Egg Rolls
Loaded Potato Egg Rolls
- 2 lbs. russet potatoes, baked
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 5 - 6 Tablespoons butter
- 8 strips bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 6 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- chives or green onions, to garnish (opt)
- 16 egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg, slightly beaten, or water
- oil, for frying
- *Dice warm baked potatoes and add to a large mixing bowl. Add garlic powder, butter, bacon, cheese, sour cream, olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add chives or diced green onions if desired. Mix to combine.
- Lay 1 wrapper down like a diamond, place 2 Tablespoons of filling diagonally on wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling, rolling snugly but gingerly half way to cover egg/meat mixture. Fold in both sides snugly against filling, moisten edge of last flap with your finger dipped in egg or water. Roll bottom up to top tucking filling in along the way if needed. Seal top corner with egg or water sealing it. If you see any spots that are open seal that with egg or water too.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and bake for 10 to 12 minutes turning once until brown. OR a large skillet over medium high heat with about 2 inches of oil. Place seem side down first. When brown on all sides, drain on paper towels.
- Serve with extra sour cream if desired.
Makes 16 egg rolls
Source: Forkful of Comfort