One of my favorite things to order when we are out to dinner is Coconut Shrimp. I can't get enough of the crunchy sweet shrimp. To save money we started making this at home. The whole family goes crazy when we make this now. Tasty and delicious!
- 24 oz. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, & raw
- 5 1/3 cups coconut flakes
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil, for frying
- *In a large dutch oven preheat oil to 350 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, garlic powder and salt. In another mixing bowl beat together eggs and coconut milk.
- Set up dredging station in three shallow dishes: the first with the flour mixture, the next with the egg mixture, and the third with coconut flakes.
- Dredge shrimp in flour mixture and shake off excess flour. Next, dip shrimp in egg mixture and then coconut and transfer to oil. Fry shrimp in batches until golden brown and be careful not to burn coconut. Serve immediately. I like to dip mine in honey mustard.
Slightly Adapted from: the chew