Oh yeah. It's as wonderful as it sounds, crunchy and fun! What's better than french toast coated in cereal? I can't think of anything... Give it a whirl! :)
Cap'n Crunch French Toast
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal
- 8 to 10 Texas toast bread (or french bread)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- whipped cream and/or syrup for topping (if desired)
- *Mix the cream, eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk until combined. Put cereal in a zip bag and use a rolling pin to crush cereal until it resembles cracker meal. Transfer the cereal to a shallow dish.
- Dip a couple of slices of the bread into the cream mixture until soft but not completely soaked. Let excess drip off. Then press bread into cereal to coat evenly. Place on a sheet pan and repeat with remaining slices.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat, add 1 Tablespoon of butter if needed to keep from sticking to pan or griddle. Cook the toast until caramelized on both sides, about 6-8 minutes total.
- Top with whipped cream and/or syrup (I don't think any is needed).
Feeds 4 to 5
Slightly Adapted From: Diners, Drive-ins and Dives