Are you grilling as much as we are? One thing I love about the warmer months is the chance to use the grill, and have my hubby take over dinner! Well today I have fun twist on the plain ol burger. This one is made with pork, bbq sauce, and pineapples. A true summer delight!
P.s. I found Hawaiian style Barbecue sauce @ Target
Hawaiian Burger Sliders
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1/4 cup hawaiian style barbecue sauce, plus more for topping
- salt & pepper, to taste
- King Hawaiian Sweet dinner rolls
- 4 slices bacon, cooked & broken in half (or grill)
- 8 slices pineapple
- red onion slices (opt)
- swiss cheese (opt)
- *Preheat grill or grill pan over medium high heat. In a medium mixing bowl combine ground pork, 1/4 cup bbq sauce, salt and pepper. Form into patties, I made 8 mini sliders 2 oz. each or they can be made into 4 regular 4 oz. patties and use regular size buns. When grill is hot add pineapple, bacon (if desired) and patties. Cook sliders about 3 to 4 mins on each side, about 5 to 7 mins each side for regular patties, or until no longer pink inside and meat is at temp of 160 degrees.
- The last couple of minutes on the grill, brush with a little more bbq sauce on top of each burger. When bacon is cooked remove from grill and rest on a plate. When pineapple gets lightly brown remove and place on the plate with bacon. Lightly butter rolls and grill until toasted. To Assemble: Take toast roll and place one pineapple slice on bottom or top, add patty and top with one or two half slices of bacon. If desired top with swiss cheese and/or onions.
Makes 8 mini sliders or 4 regular burgers
Adapted from : Allrecipes