Hi guys!! Today I have a family favorite that we have been eating for quite a few years. Its simple, simple to make. The hardest part is chopping! It's a great side to have at bbq's or family get togethers. Actually I have to admit that I sneak a bit for breakfast when this is in the house, but usually its not here long. :)
Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
- 2 apples, (any kind)
- 1/2 cup grapes, (any kind)
- 2 kiwis
- 8 oz. raspberries
- 16 oz. strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons fruit preserves (any kind, we use blueberry)
- 12 tortillas (8 inch)
- butter or butter flavored cooking spray
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- *To make Fruit Salsa - Core & dice apples, and peel & dice kiwis. Cut grapes and raspberries in half. Remove green tops, slice or dice strawberries.
- Combine all fruit in a large mixing bowl. Add lemon juice, sugar (more or less depending on the sweetness of the fruit), brown sugar, and fruit preserves. Stir until evenly coated.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator at least an hour. (Remember this will be come juicy due to the sugar pulling out the moisture out of the fruit. If desired you can drain it.)
- To make Cinnamon Chips - Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Take tortillas and coat one side with butter or with butter flavor cooking spray. Cut into slices. In a small bowl combine cinnamon and sugar together. Lay out a single layer on a baking sheet and sprinkle with cinn/sug mixture.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes until chips start to lightly brown. Repeat with remaining tortilla slices. Let cool 10 mins and serve with chilled Fruit Salsa.
Feeds 10 to 12
Adapted from: Allrecipes