Egg Rolls, you know we love them around here. This one is no different, actually this one was per the hubby's request a few years back since he is crazy about Bbq chicken. So we add cheese and a few other things to make this one complete.
Just wait! I have quite a few recipes for egg rolls! They are a Sunday staple around here with all the sports watching we do. :)
Want more Egg Rolls? Try the Breakfast Egg Rolls or these Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls or even these Frito Chili Pie Egg Rolls.
Bbq Chicken Egg Rolls
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken, cooked & shredded
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup bbq sauce (we love Head Country)
- 1 teaspoon bbq grill seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten OR water
- 1 pkg. egg roll wrappers
- oil, for frying (opt)
- *In skillet over medium heat, melt butter and add onions. Cook until tender, add in garlic and season with salt & pepper and cook for 2 minutes more. When done transfer to a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, bacon, cheddar, bbq sauce, grill seasoning, liquid smoke, and red pepper flakes. Keep in mind you want the mixture moist but not wet. Wet will ooze out while cooking making a big mess.
- In a small bowl scramble egg and set aside. Lay out 1 egg roll wrapper like a diamond and spoon out 2 tablespoons of filling. Fold and seal with egg or water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, once heated let cook 10 -12 minutes or until browned turning once. OR you can fry these in a large skillet over medium high heat a few at a time in about 2 inches of vegetable or peanut oil. Be sure to start with seam side down first. When browned on all sides drain on paper towels. Serve with more bbq sauce or ranch to dip. (I have to admit I like the fried ones much better than oven
(IF YOU NEED A TUTORIAL ON FOLDING YOU CAN GO HERE to the Breakfast Egg Rolls.)
Makes about 16 Egg Rolls
Source: Forkful of Comfort