Nothing could be finer than going on a picnic on these warm sunny days we have been having here. It's time to make another batch of these yummy deviled eggs to go in the basket. These babies are not just for Thanksgiving. They would also make a great side dish for the neighborhood bbq or get together.
Bacon Cheddar Deviled Eggs
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon honey mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 strips bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 3 Tablespoons sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- salt & pepper, to taste
- paprika, to garnish
- parsley, to garnish
- *In a large pot place eggs in a single layer at the bottom. Cover with enough water to cover one inch over the eggs. Bring to a rapid boil over high heat and remove from heat and cover. Set timer for 15 minutes. When done cooking, remove eggs from pot with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl of ice water (be sure to use lots of ice, the colder the better.) Set timer again for 15 minutes.
- When done, crack and peel eggs. Cut eggs in half length wise and gently remove yolk and place in a medium mixing bowl. Place egg whites in a circle on a plate, set aside.
- When all yolks are removed use a fork and break yolks into tiny pieces. Add mayonnaise, honey mustard, garlic powder, bacon, cheddar cheese, and salt & pepper. Mix to combine and fill each egg white with yolk mixture. Garnish with paprika and parsley if desired.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Slightly adapted from : Food Network