For supper tonite we had a breakfast for dinner.One of my family's favorite meals. As much as love sausage and scrambled eggs, I had my eye on these pancakes. Just like the cake and so tasty too. :)Want more pancakes?? Try the Cheesecake Pancakes
Red Velvet Pancakes w/ Cream Cheese Glaze
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted & cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 drops red food coloring (as desired)
- extra butter or cooking spray
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powder sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon milk (more if needed)
- pinch salt
- *Preheat pan or griddle on medium heat. In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt. In another bowl whisk together eggs, milk, buttermilk, butter, vanilla, and food coloring. Gently fold in dry into wet careful not to over mixed, whisk just until combined.
- Brush pan with a little butter or cooking spray, scoop 1/3 cup of batter and pour into pan. Cook until bubbles form in the batter, the edges are dry and the underside is lightly brown, about 5 minutes, then flip over and cook the other side 1 to 2 minutes more. Repeat with rest of batter.
- For cream cheese glaze: In a small bowl beat together cream cheese, powder sugar, vanilla extract, milk and salt until smooth. Add more milk if needed to make glaze thin enough to drizzle. When pancakes are all cooked plate pancakes and drizzle with glaze to serve.
Makes 10 Pancakes
Slightly Adapted from: about.com