One of our favorite pizza dough is one we use to eat at a pizza joint that closed a few years ago. We really missed it so after some trial and error we came up with a crust that is fluffy and lightly sweet. It's even better than the honey wheat crust we came to love way back when. :)
You can easily use all wheat flour if desired too.
Honey Wheat Pizza Crust
- 1 1/2 cups water, warm about 110 degrees F.
- 2 1/4 teaspoon yeast
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- * In mixing bowl of stand mixer add water, yeast, and honey. Let rest for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and knead for 5 minutes on medium speed. Dough will be slightly sticky. Place dough in an lightly oiled bowl, let rise for 30 to 45 mins in a warm place.
- When done, divide into two equal pieces, and roll out one piece into a circle on a lightly greased pizza pan. Poke with a fork a few times and then top with sauce, cheese, and desired toppings. Bake at 425 degrees F 10 to 15 mins.
Makes 2 14 inch pizzas
Source: Forkful of Comfort
Linked to: Tuesday Talent Show, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Weekend Potluck, Strut Your Stuff