Last week I went grocery shopping a day earlier than I usually do because of things we had to do over the weekend, well because of this my list was not completely done. Well guess what I forgot? Yeap my Hubby's Cheez-its, well that made me feel awful so I decided to make them instead since it was on my cooking "to do" list. They turned out great! Actually I prefer this over the real ones, they were addictive. Cheesy and crunchy heaven! :)
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese, extra sharp & coarsely shredded
- 4 Tablespoons butter, unsalted & room temperature
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons ice water
- *In a a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, mix cheese, butter, and salt. Add flour and mix on low speed (dough will be pebbly). Slowly add the water and mix until dough forms a ball.
- Pat dough into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap: refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide dough into two portions; roll each portion to a very thin (1/8 inch or less) 10 X 12 inch rectangle. Using a fluted pastry cutter (I used a pizza cutter), cut dough into 1-inch squares. I used a chop stick to poke a hole in the center to make it look like the real thing. Transfer squares into baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until puffed and browning at the edges. Watch carefully to avoid burning. Immediately transfer crackers to wire racks to cool.
Makes about 60 crackers (I got about 90)
Source: BHG Our Best Comfort Food Mag 2012
Linked to: Trick or Treat Tuesdays, Tuesday Talent Show