This is a dip we have been eating in our household for years, its one of my hubby's favorite dips. Its a staple on game day for us. We also trot this dip out when we have a big Mexican meal. It's a twist on the rotel cheese dip/ queso. I am just crazy about the lime and cilantro flavors!
Cilantro & Lime Cheese Dip
- 1 lb. ground beef or pork sausage
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cans Mexican rotel (cilantro & lime flavor), undrained
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 large block Veveeta, diced
- dash cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 Tablespoons cilantro
- 1 - 3 shakes hot sauce (opt)
- * Over medium heat in a medium skillet brown meat and season with salt and pepper. Drain. In a crock pot/ slow cooker or large pot add meat, garlic, rotel, lime juice, mozzarella, chili powder, Velveeta, cayenne pepper and hot sauce. If using a large pot heat over low heat on stove it will take about an hour to melt. If using a crock pot it will take about 2 1/2 to 3 hours on low. Be sure to stir occasionally. When melted top with cilantro and serve with chips or top over burgers, hot dogs or even chili etc.
Source: Forkful of Comfort
Linked to: Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Tuesday Talent Show