Grilling weather is here in Texas, well actually it's been here for several months. Even though we just broke out the grill a few days ago. This summer we plan on using it more. We decided that we wanted to try something new for our first burger of the summer, so when I saw this recipe I was just dying to try it. It was great! Juicy and flavorful perfect for the opening season on our grill!
Don't forget to follow me on Facebook and/or Pinterest :)
Chicken Parmesan Burger
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 1 Tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup pasta sauce, divided
- 6 slices mozzarella
- buns (we used ciabatta)
- *Gently mix ground chicken, italian seasoning, garlic, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, salt & pepper, & 4 Tablespoons of pasta sauce. Form into 6 patties about 6 ounces each. Warm grill or grill pan on stove over medium high heat.
- When hot, add burgers and grill about 14 to 18 minutes, turn once half way through. The last 2 to 3 minutes of grilling top about 1 to 2 Tablespoons of sauce to each burger and once slice of mozzarella until cheese is melted and burger is cooked all the way through.
- Place onto buns we topped ours with a little bit of parmesan cheese, parsley, and/or mushrooms if desired. Serve. :)
Makes 6 6oz burgers
Adapted from: Elly says opa!
Linked to: Weekend Potluck, Strut Your Stuff