With summer just around the corner I start pulling out the easy no bake desserts. Here in Texas last year we had so many days that hit 100+ degrees that I wasn't about to use the oven just for sweets. So I started looking for a few easy ones that I didn't need the oven for and I found this one. It was an instant hit in our home just for the sheer fact it had cake batter in it. Yeap, we are hooked!
Want more Cake Batter?? Try Cake Batter Doughnuts,, Cake Batter Dip, Birthday Cake Fudge, OR Cake Batter Ice Cream
Cake Batter Rice Krispies Treats
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 10 oz. mini - marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Funfetti or yellow cake mix (dry cake mix)
- 6 cups krispy rice cereal
- 6 - 7 Tablespoons sprinkles
- *In a large saucepan over low heat melt butter and add marshmallows. Stir until they begin to melt, adding in cake mix one spoonful at a time so its combined. Stir in cereal so it is completely coated with marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle in half of the sprinkles and mix.
- Press into a baking dish and top with remaining sprinkles. Let sit for about 30 minutes before cutting. Coating a knife with cooking spray helps to cut them.
Slightly Adapted from: How Sweet Eats,
Linked to: Tuesday Talent Show, Totally Tasty Tuesdays