Some days just call for a nice big plate of fries. Usually the call for us comes when Nascar or the Texas Rangers are on. Nothing can make them better than loading them up with chili, cheese, and bacon. Feel free to add to them like jalapenos, chives, ranch, sour cream, or my favorite peperoncini. Or anything your heart desires. What really makes these special is the cheese sauce so you need to at least make that, put in on hot dogs, hamburgers or even chips to make nachos. JUST MAKE IT! Yum! :)
Wanna know what goes great with this? Sweet Tea!
Beer Cheese Fries
- 22 oz. fries
- 15 oz. chili, can or homemade, warmed
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 oz. velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire's sauce
- 3/4 cup beer, room temp
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (or to taste)
- 5 - 6 strips bacon, cooked & crumbled
- *Cook fries according to bag instructions. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat add beer, pepper, and dry mustard. Bring to a simmer slowly add cheese and little at a time, stirring until melted before adding more. When all cheese is added and melted add in Worcestershire's sauce, and hot sauce.
- To assembly, On a large platter lay out fries, top with chili evenly, then top with cheese sauce (we use about 3/4 of the sauce total). Then top with crumbled bacon and anything else you desire.
Feeds 2 or 4 as an appetizer
Source: Deliciously Delilah
Linked to: Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Tuesday Talent Show