Every summer one thing I look forward to besides swimming (I'm a fish out of water) is this pasta salad. A few years back I ran out of Suddenly Salad Bacon Ranch Pasta and decided that I would try to make my own instead. Well let me tell you that I L. O. V. E. this one much more! I have a hard time not eating a lot of it at one time, so I am very careful now to only make when I have a few extra people to help me. :)
Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- 12 oz. pasta (rotini, shells, etc)
- 12 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix ( 1oz.)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk, or as needed
- 1 large tomato, diced (or 1 cup diced from can, drained)
- 4 oz. sliced black olives (opt)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- *Bring a large stock pot of water to boil over high heat. Season with salt add pasta and cook to al dente according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, ranch dressing mix, garlic powder, and pepper. Whisk in milk until smooth.
- Add in bacon, tomato, black olives and cheese in bowl and toss to coat with dressing. Gently stir in pasta.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Toss with additional milk if the salad seems a little dry.
*Sometimes I add a 1/2 cup of peas and carrots to it too.
Makes: 10 servings (2/3 cup)
Calories per serving: About 340 w/ opt.
Adapted from: Allrecipes