Cake Batter Ice Cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup cake mix, sifted (we use funfetti)
- 3 Tablespoons sprinkles
- *Place freezer bowl for ice cream maker in freezer according to manufactures instructions. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat add milk and sugar, whisk until sugar is dissolved and remove from heat. (Just warm it up enough to melt sugar only don't cook it.) Transfer to medium mixing bowl.
- Add heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
- Stir in cake mix and be sure to get out all lumps. Put mixture into refrigerator until mixture is very cold.
- When mixture is very cold and freezer bowl is frozen, you are ready to start making ice cream according to manufactures instructions. I let mine churn for about 30 minutes after the first 15 minutes I add in sprinkles and then transfer to a one quart freezer safe container. Let it freeze for at least 12 hours, 24 hours is better in my opinion. Enjoy!
Makes 1 quart
Linked to: Strut Your Stuff Saturdays