We just love all things with buffalo sauce on it. Something about butter and hot sauce that just makes my mouth water. These meatballs make a great snack for game or race day! If you want you could even stuff a little blue cheese in the middle too!
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2/3 cup celery, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup wing sauce
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (opt)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- oil, to fry
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup wing sauce (as desired)
- *In a medium skillet on medium heat add butter. When butter is melted add celery and cooked until soft about 5 mins. Then season with salt & pepper and stir in garlic. Cook for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl add chicken, celery mixture, 1/4 cup wing sauce, bread crumbs, cayenne pepper, and season with salt & pepper to taste. Mix with hands gently until just combined. DO NOT OVER MIX!!
- In a medium skillet add about 1 inch of oil. Heat over medium high.
- To make meatballs use a tablespoon scoop and measure out a round tablespoon. Gently shape into a ball, careful not to over work mixture. It will be sticky and wet. When oil is hot, fry on all sides until golden brown, and chicken is cooked in the center. About 5-7 minutes total. Drain on wire rack over paper towels. OR Bake 375 degrees F for 15 - 20 mins or until cooked in the middle.
- Toss in 1/4 - 1/3 cup wing sauce (But remember they already have some sauce inside too) and serve!
- Dip in ranch or blue cheese dressing. :)
Makes 22-24 meatballs
Source: Forkful of Comfort
Linked to: Weekend Potluck, Strut Your Stuff