April is a VERY busy month for us. We have 4 Birthdays that are within 10 days of each other. Luckily for me I have 2 of those birthdays on the same day, my hubby and our daughter, which happens to be today! But since the whole house is sick I haven't had a chance to start making every ones cakes. So as a temporary fix I decided I would make some birthday cake fudge. :)
P.S. It's even better the next day.
Birthday Cake Fudge
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, unsalted
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk (5 oz.)
- pinch salt
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips
- 7 oz. marshmallow creme
- 3 Tablespoons yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- rainbow sprinkles, to taste
- *Line a 9 inch square pan with foil and the ends hanging over the edge. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Place sugar, butter, salt, and milk in a heavy bottom sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly, and let boil for exactly 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, and cake mix, stirring until chocolate chips are melted. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Pour fudge into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Top with sprinkles. Let cool at room temperature then place in refrigerator until firm.
Source: Love the Day