I grew up eating this simple yet filling dish from my mama. It's not the prettiest meal you ever seen but sure is tasty. If your in the mood you can even throw a few pieces of bacon in it too. This is a meal we love to call comfort food. :)
Sausage & Potatoes
- 14 oz. smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 lb. russet potatoes, cleaned & sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced or diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or bacon fat
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sage
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- dash cayenne or hot sauce (opt)
- *In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat , add in sliced potatoes. (You can lay them out flat to get more crispy on each side, If you do this it will take about 10 mins to cook on each side. And I usually use 2 large skillets for this to make it go faster. Or you can just throw them in the pan stir them around it will give you more of a softer potato.) Brown potatoes, stirring occasionally.
- When potatoes are about 85% done or your last 5 minutes of cooking add sausage, onion, garlic, sage, and hot sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook until sausage is heated and the onions are soft. You want about a 60/40 ratio with potatoes and sausage
Source: My Mama
Linked to: Weekend Potluck