Our kids are crazy about pb & J sandwiches, so this was just a given that they would love these. I get request from them to make these all the time. They make a great quick breakfast to just grab and go. I usually make them on Sunday and breakfast is taken care of for the next couple of days. :)
Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup (11 Tbsp) peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tablespoons butter, unsalted & melted
- 1/3 cup jam/jelly, cold
- *Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Spray muffin tin with non stick spray, set aside.
- In a food processor combine, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pulse in peanut butter one Tablespoon at a time until it resembles crumbs. Pulse in honey until mixed. Add milk, eggs, and butter mix until combined.
- Place 1 1/2 Tablespoons of mixture into each muffin cup. Top with 1 round teaspoon of jam in each muffin cup be sure to keep jam in the center. Top with 1/2 Tablespoon of peanut butter mixture being sure to seal the jam in the center.
- Bake until golden brown and center comes out clean 15-20 mins. Set pan on cooling rack and allow to cool for 10 mins before removing from pan. Sometimes I have a couple of muffins that the jelly makes it way to the bottom.
- Muffins will keep in airtight storage for 1 to 2 days.
Adapted from : Food Network
Linked to: Weekend Potluck