Thick and soft dough great for pizza night in. Make a great pizza that the whole family will like. This dough is in our regular rotation.
Pan Pizza Crust
- 1 2/3 cup warm water
- 2 1.2 teaspoons yeast
- 5 cups all- purpose flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for greasing
- 2 teaspoons salt
- sauce, cheese & desired toppings
- *In a large bowl add water and yeast, let proof about 5 mins. Stir in olive oil, add flour and salt. Mix until combined. On a floured surface turn out dough and knead for about 5 mins. Grease the inside of a large bowl with more olive oil and dough to bowl turning to coat with oil. Cover and let rise in a warm spot for about an hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- When done rising punch down and turn out on to a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 2 or the 3 equal pieces. (Dough can be frozen.) Grease dish or pan with sides, add 1 piece of dough and gently pat out and up the sides a little bit. Top with sauce, cheese, and toppings as desired. Bake at 450 until lightly brown about 10-12 minutes
Makes 2 9x11 or 3 12 inch pizzas
Adapted from: about.com
Linked to: Weekend Potluck