Today we have another fun grilled cheese for you. Stuffed with ham, turkey and lots of cheese. Topped off with a dusting of powder sugar and a little raspberry jam. Yum, a lighter version of the original sandwich. :)
Want more grilled cheese? Check out our Pizza Grilled Cheese!!
Monte Cristo Grilled Cheese
- 8 slices black forest ham lunch meat , thinly sliced
- 8 slices honey roasted turkey lunch meat, thinly sliced
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 slices american cheese
- 4 slices bread
- powder sugar, for dusting
- raspberry jam, for dipping (opt)
- * Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Butter one side of each piece of bread. When skillet is hot lay 1 piece of bread butter side down, top with 1 to 2 slice of american cheese and 4 slices of turkey.
- Then top with 4 slices of ham and 1 to 2 slice of swiss cheese. Add the top slice of bread butter side up. When bottom slice of bread is golden brown, flip and brown on the other side.
- When done, cut and dust with powder sugar.
- Repeat with remaining sandwich.
- Serve with raspberry jam if desired.
Makes 2 sandwich
Source: Forkful of Comfort
Linked to: Weekend Potluck