I am sure by now most of you have heard of this slow cooker recipe that has been every where. Well up to a few months ago I was one of those people that had not heard of it until my mama said we needed to try it. Boy was she right!! Lightly sweet and oh so craveable. If you haven't tried this, you need to! It's one of our favorite meals now. I like to make double batches, freeze what we don't eat to pull out for another quick dinner. Just defrost, heat, and serve. :)
Root Beer Pulled Pork
- 2 lb. pork tenderloin (shoulder/butt can be used too)
- 20 oz. root beer (we like a&w)
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- salt & pepper, to taste
- red pepper, to taste
- 20 oz. bbq sauce (we love head country)
- *Put pork in crock pot or slow cooker season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper, and red pepper. Cover with root beer and let cook on low for 7-8 hrs.
- When done drain root beer and return pork back to crock pot/slow cooker. Shred meat with two forks and cover with bbq sauce. Let cook for an hour more.
- Serve up on toasted buns. We like cheddar cheese and pickles with ours
source: my mama
Linked to: Weekend Potluck