Thank you Mama, I Love You!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted Plus more for greasing
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- *Grease cast iron skillet with butter (I used a 12 inch in the pics) and put in oven to preheat to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter and stir in sugar. Quickly add eggs and beat until well blended.
- Mix in buttermilk, baking soda, stirring until combined. In a seperate bowl mix cornmeal, flour, and salt. Add dry ingredients into wet, mix until just combined. Don't over beat.
- Pour into hot skillet and bake for 25 mins or until golden brown and edges are dark brown and crispy.
Source: My Mama
Linked to: Weekend Potluck