This Valentine's Day my special man will be getting a tall stack of theses to start his day off with a little bit of love from me. We don't really celebrate Valentine's day but it is nice to have a special treat. I really love these pancakes, with strawberries (or blueberries) and one of my favorite guilty pleasures. How can you possibly go wrong? Something special for a extra special guy. :)
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 Tablespoons strawberry jam
- 2 Tablespoons water, warmed
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 2 cups frozen cheesecake, chopped (about 4 slices)
- whipped cream, for topping (opt)
- *Mix the strawberries, jam, and water in a bowl: set aside. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- In a bowl mix flour, buttermilk, egg, butter, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combine (Some lumps are okay). Gently stir in the cheesecake pieces, keeping them whole.
- Over medium heat preheat a large griddle or skillet. Coat with non stick spray. Working in batches, pour about 1/4 cup batter into the skillet for each pancake. Cook until bubbly on top, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook until other side is golden about 2 more mins. Transfer the pancake to a baking sheet and keep warm in oven.
- Serve the pancakes topped with strawberry sauce, top with whipping cream if desired.
Feeds 4 (2 pancakes each)
Adapted from: Food Network Magazine May 2011
Linked to: Weekend Potluck