I hope your family enjoys this as much as mine does!
Pizza Mac & Cheese
- 16 oz. macaroni noodles
- 4 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 8 cups water
- 1 1/3 cup pepperoni, cut in half or mini (5 oz)
- 1 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 8 Tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 8 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, to taste
- italian seasoning, to taste
- salt & pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese, to garnish
- *In a large stock pot bring 2 1/2 cups of milk and 8 cups of water to a boil, add salt (Yes, I said add milk, it makes the pasta much more creamier and gives it a slight flavor). Add noodles and cook until al dente according to package.
- Meanwhile pat pepperoni with paper towel to remove grease. (If cold, microwave on paper towels just a few seconds to warm up and let them release the grease.) Cut into halves, set aside. Once pasta is cook drain and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan melt butter and add salt/pepper and garlic powder. Whisk in flour until well blended and no lumps. Slowly pour in whipping cream and remaining milk while still stirring constantly. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes while still stirring. Reduce heat to simmer and while still stirring cook for an additional 8 - 10 mins.
- Add sauce and pepperoni and stir. Slowly add cheese in a handful at a time stir to fully incorporate before adding more. Once all is add allow to simmer for about 5 mins, then stir in pasta. Taste. If needed add more Italian seasoning, salt and pepper or garlic powder. Allow to heat pasta for an extra min or two. Garnish with parmesan cheese if desired.
Source: Forkful Of Comfort,
Pasta - Adapted from Fannie Farmer's Classic
Linked to :Insidebrucrewlife