I am also giving away a copy of this book too! It's filled with 2,000 recipes from over 20 years of America's Most Trusted Food magazine. Filled with recipes like Grilled Stuffed Flank Steaks, Melon Smoothies, Spring Vegetable Risotto, and a lot more!
To Enter: Leave a comment here on this post telling me What your most trusted family recipe?
Want extra entries???
Follow me on Facebook and leave another comment telling me so.
Follow me on Twitter and leave another comment telling me so.
Giveaway is only open to US residents due to shipping costs.
Giveaway closes at 8 p.m. central time on February 6. Once the winner is announced you will have 48 hours to get back to me or I will choose another winner. Winner will be chosen by Random.org GOOD LUCK!!! :)
**** All Comments count as one entry so if you leave a comment saying you follow me on twitter and Facebook it will only count as one!
Contest has closed! Congrats to Chanc Vogel!
Want to buy it? Just click the link below.
Hot Fudge Cake
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate, chopped or morsels
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup whole milk (I used 2%)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- *Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 8-inch square baking dish. Stir coffee into water and set aside to dissolve. Combine 1/3 cup cocoa, brown sugar, and 1/3 cup granulated sugar in small bowl, breaking up large clumps with fingers: set aside.
- Melt butter, remaining 1/3 cup cocoa, and chocolate in small heatproof bowl set over saucepan filled with 1 inch of barely simmering water; whisk until smooth and set aside to cool slightly. Whisk flour and baking powder in small bowl to combine; set aside. Whisk remaining 2/3 cup granulated sugar, milk, vanilla, and salt in medium bowl until combined; whisk in egg yolk. Add chocolate mixture and whisk to combine. Add flour mixture and whisk until batter is evenly moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and spread to sides and corners. Sprinkle cocoa-sugar mixture evenly over batter (cocoa mixture should cover entire surface of batter); pour coffee mixture gently over cocoa mixture. Bake cake until puffed and bubbling and just beginning to pull away from sides of baking dish, about 45 minutes. (Do not over bake.) Let cake cool in dish on wire rack for about 25 minutes before serving.
Slightly Adapted from: Cook's Illustrated Cookbook