I am crazy about egg rolls, I love how versatile they are. You can stuff these with just about anything! This one is no exception. Frito Chili Pies are popular here in Texas, you can find them at carnivals, fairs, and even on the menu at school lunches. If by chance you have never heard or tasted one, it is a bowl of Frito's topped with chili and cheddar cheese even onions sometimes. Heaven in a bowl! :) Today we have a spin on it. Just as good too. Feel free to add onions to it and dip it in more chili, cheese sauce, or even mustard.
If you need a tutorial on how to roll them go to my Breakfast Egg Rolls
Frito Chili Pie Egg Rolls
- 1/2 cup chili
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 bag Frito's (regular size, not scoops)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced (opt)
- 1 egg, beaten OR water
- 12 - 14 egg roll wrappers
- oil, for frying (opt)
|A little to full|
- *Take wrapper and lay out with a point facing you, take about 12-14 Frito's in your hand and crush lightly. Lay chips out in center of wrapper careful not to get to close to the sides. Top with about 3/4 tablespoon of chili and a pinch or two of cheese. You can also add onions here too if desired. Carefully fold and roll and seal close using beaten egg.
- Preheat medium skillet over medium high heat with enough oil to come about half way up. When oil is hot fry in batches until golden on all sides. Starting with flap side down. Drain on paper towels. OR if you choose you can bake these @ 400 degrees F on a greased baking sheet until golden brown about 10- 12 minutes.
Makes about 12 egg rolls
Source: Forkful Of Comfort
Linked to: Weekend Potluck