We came across this recipe a few months ago and thought how great it would be for football watching or just a chilly night in. It has become a new welcomed change from just traditional wings (even though I could eat those everyday! :). The great flavor of wings is super and now we can eat it in a chili too! I also serve this up with cornbread and Frito's :)
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and on Pinterest
Buffalo Chicken Chili
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs, boneless & skinless, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 28 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (might need more)
- 2 15 oz. red beans, drained
- salt & pepper, to taste
- mozzarella or provolone, to garnish
- ranch or blu cheese, to garnish
- *In a stock pot over medium heat add butter, when melted add chicken and cook until white and no longer pink. Add in onion, celery, and garlic. Season with salt & pepper, continue to cook until tender.
- Sprinkle in chili powder, cumin, and flour stirring to coat. Then add in buffalo sauce, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add beans let simmer for 15 mins. Stir occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If to thick or to spicy add more broth.
- To serve up divide out into bowls. Can be topped with mozzarella, provolone, ranch or blue cheese.
Adapted from: Tabasco.com
Linked to: Totally Tasty Tuesdays Foodie Friday