If you follow me on Facebook, then you probably know that I am mildly obsessed with pistachios. They remind me of my childhood, back when my mama would make me pistachio pudding. Secretly back then I would sneak extra bites of the wonderful stuff. :)
Christmas time for me will always include this fudge from here on out. Warming heart memories that I hope to make with my kids too.
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powder sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon green food coloring
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios, chopped & unshelled
- additional pistachios for garnish
- *Line an 8X8 pan with foil being sure to let foil hang over sides and spray with non stick spray.
- In medium sauce pan over low heat melt butter, then add salt and white chocolate, stirring until melted. In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese with a mixer on a low speed until smooth and creamy. Beat in sugar, vanilla and almond extract on low speed, mixing well. When chocolate is melted add to cream cheese/sugar mixture along with green food coloring. Mix until combined then fold in pistachios.
- Spread into pan evenly, garnish with extra pistachios and let refrigerate at least an hour or until firm. When firm use foil to lift out and cut into 25 pieces.
Makes 25 pieces
Adapted from: group recipes