Who doesn't love pizza or grilled cheese? Both of them are two of my favorite things, probably because I am crazy about cheese and pepperoni. This one of my favorite quick lunches/snacks for my kids (okay for me too). It's easy and a fun new way to look at grilled cheese. Add whatever you like on your pizza. I even added mushrooms to mine (yes it's one of my favorite things too). :) Even dip it in a little pizza sauce and its gooood.
Don't forget to like me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter!
Pizza Grilled Cheese
- 4 sliced bread
- 4 mozzarella, sliced
- pepperoni (cut in half or mini)
- italian seasoning or basil
- parmesan cheese (opt)
- pizza sauce (for dipping)
- *Warm a medium/large skillet over medium heat. Butter each piece of bread on one side. When skillet is hot place a piece of bread butter side down on the skillet then add one slice of cheese and small shake of Italian seasoning or basil (add a small shake of parmesan cheese here too if desired). Top with a desired amount of pepperonis (I used about 8 -10 whole regular pepperonis per sandwich) If any other toppings are desired, add now. Add another slice of mozzarella and top with slice bread butter side up.
- Repeat with second sandwich. When bottom slice is golden brown then flip over carefully. Once both sides are brown remove from pan cut and serve with pizza sauce if desired.
Makes 2 Sandwiches
Source: Forkful of Comfort